Have fever, headache, runny nose, tiredness and pain in body. What is causing this and cure?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
why i feel so tired and i also feel that i have a littile pain in ny body three week ago i had a fever runny nose and i go to doctor and take medecine after that my fever and runny nose is gone but after that i feel so tired and some time headace and till now i don't want to go outside only i want to stay in bed,i feel like i don't have any energy in my body.
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sheeba Stephen 35 minutes later

There could be a few possibilities for your symptoms of tiredness, lack of energy and a decreased interest / motivation.

- Certain viral fevers can have a prolonged time of recovery, where the person continues to have tiredness, fatigue, body pains, etc., even after the acute phase of the viral infection has subsided.

- Nutritional deficiency (like anemia, vitamin deficiency, etc.) can often be a cause of tiredness and fatigue. Reduced appetite during acute infection may be responsible for such deficiency and thereby the tiredness and weakness.

-Preexisting medical condition such as anemia and hypothyroidism can also cause tiredness, lethargy and amotivation.

- Sometimes, stress and depression can also be a reason for lack of energy and a reduced interest / motivation.

I would suggest the following remedial measures:
1) Eat a healthy, nutritious diet - with plenty of fruits and vegetables. These contain many essential vitamins, iron as well as anti-oxidants.
2) You can also take a multi-vitamin supplement daily for some time.
3) Keep drinking plenty of water and fluids (Dehydration can also cause tiredness and fatigue).
4) Try to make a schedule for yourself, and keep yourself active, even if you don't feel motivated or fresh. Often, when the body gets used to a period of inactivity for a few days, then it becomes difficult to get back into the daily routine. And the more you lie in bed, the more you are going to feel tired, lethargic and amotivated. So, keep yourself active and busy - both physically and mentally. Though it may be difficult initially, once you try it, you will start feeling more fresh and active.
5) In case, your symptoms are persisting despite these simple measures, then you will have to see a doctor for a detailed evaluation - which will include a complete physical examination and certain investigations, as per necessity - to rule out preexisting medical and psychological conditions as described above.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Wish you all the best...

Dr. Sheeba Stephen