Have fever, diarrhea, back and abdominal pain. Diagnosed with gastroenteritis. Second opinion?

My symptoms are fever of 102.5, middle and lower back pain consistently that gets worse with movement, diarrhea, and mild pain on the upper right front abdomen. Went to the doctor today, was diagnosed with gastroentertitis, but I think it is something else besides that.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Recent onset of fever/diarrhea/abdominal pain points towards gastroenteritis only - most possibly due to infection.
A stool test may be done for confirmation.
Take probiotics and electrolyte solutions for faster and better relief of symptoms.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini