Have fever, cough, throat pain and stabbing chest pain. What am I suffering from?

yesterday l woke up with what felt like a knife going through my right side of my chest right out through my back, l have alot of gas, my throat hurts to swallow and coughing hurts worse, l was fevered last night. Now this morning l can swallow and the pain is in my back upper right side the worst
just woundering if i should go to the hospital l dont like going if not needed.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
The symptoms of throat pain, and stabbing chest pain are suggestive of pleurisy.
It may be caused most commonly due to Viral infection or bacterial infection primarily or secondarily when viral infection stays unabated for 5-7 days.
A complete blood counts and a Xray chest should be done to start with.
You should prevent your self from exposure to cold, XXXXXXX enough warm cloths.
Have bed rest and take lots of fluids like soups, lemon water, curds, tea and other household liquids and take a balanced diet.
Decongestant medicines like Wikoryl and broad spectrum antibiotics are the main stay treatment.
You should get evaluated by a physician of your locality and get assessed if you also require antibiotics. You should improve the oral health, brush twice a day and do chlorhexidine mouth gargles thrice a day and avoid eating any edibles during ensuing 2 hours to ensure good germicidal effect of chlorhexidine; Do warm saline gargles after you take anything orally.
if you have malaise and fever then take acetaminophen(paracetamol) 500mg as required.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow-up: Have fever, cough, throat pain and stabbing chest pain. What am I suffering from? 8 hours later
l counld'nt stand the pain any more so l went to the hosptial, l had bloodwork ecg heart montor and ultersound, that is when they found gaulstones, so back for more test Tuesday since its the holidays, glad l went when l did, but tks anyway
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for the input.
Gall stone may be there by chance also because at your age about 30-50% females have gall stones but have no pain.
I would like you to go through the ultrasound report, gall stone is usually painfull when it is with infection like cholecystitis also.
I would still recommend you to have a review after chest Xray.
I hope you get well soon.