Have fever, constipation, felt small movable lump above collarbone. Prognosis?

Hello... I am 41 years old. I found a small moveable lump above my right collarbone. Its painless but noticeable. I also have fever off and on for over a year. Normally ranges about 99.7 to 100.2. I can tell when I feel feverish and will take my temp at that time. im tired all the time. I also have extreme constipation and gas everyday. No other feelings of sickne.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 2 hours later

Thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

The movable lump could be a lymph node and could happen if there is fever.

Fever for a year is not a simple problem and should not be ignored. It could be due to a number of reasons and needs to be thoroughly evaluated. You have to consult a physician, discuss your symptoms. Your physician will examine you and order blood tests and imaging to find out the cause of fever.

Your gastrointestinal system should be given priority during investigations. Constipation could be due to lack of fiber diet, gastric ulcer, or sometimes rarely due to malignancy of bowel. Investigations will help in ruling out serious problems and give treatment accordingly.

Till then, keep taking healthy balanced diet XXXXXXX in fiber like fruits, vegetables, green leaves and water. Make sure you consult a physician. You will be alright.

If you have any further queries I am happy to help you.

Dr. Balaji CHinnasami MD