Have fever and shoulder pain. Widal test done. Diagnosed with typhoid. Taking dolo-650. What to do?

It was about 15 days back my wife suddenly started to have shoulder pain and her temperature was around 99-100 degrees fahreniet and the fever was appearing only in the mornings and at night firstly we consulted a local phsician who diagnosed her with a Viral fever nad put her on Fepanil and Taxim-o tablets and said it would go in other two but the condition prevailed the same the fever would come down as she took tablets, but again it would appear at night or in the mornings thus we consulted another phsician who asked her to go through the widal test for typhoid the result was S.Typhi O 1:320, and S.Typhi H 1:160 thus she put her on the following tablets Oflox 200 and Dolo-650 thus we continued with this tablets for two days but the condition remained same then again after two days the doctor added Levoflox750 then now she is going through the same tablets and she she gave another blood test for typhoid three days later and the result was S.Typhi O 1:320 and S.Typhi H 1:320 so totally we have been taking the treatment for five days i.e., after being diagnosed for typhoid now her condition is quite better than before like she is taking liqiuds, taking light meals but only her fever is the worrying factor so i want to know from u doctor what do you suggest us to do?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I request you to update the following to answer you better.

What is her present temperature? Is the temperature showing a downward trend?
Does she have any other complaints? (Like burning urination, cough etc)
How is her shoulder pain now? Which side it aches? The right shoulder, left, or both?
Was a blood culture done? If so what is the report?

Since clinically she is showing some improvement in her general well being I suggest you to not to worry regarding the same. Sometimes the fever may take some more time to come down. If fever continues to persist change of antibiotic or further investigations may be required.

Hope I answered your question. I request you to use your follow-up queries if further clarification is required.
Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Have fever and shoulder pain. Widal test done. Diagnosed with typhoid. Taking dolo-650. What to do? 1 hour later
Yes from the past 12 hrs there is a downward trend in her temperature and her present temperature is around 99 deg .
she has no complaints regarding cough, urine burning.
she doesn't have specifically any pain in the shoulders but has general body pain.
Blood culture has been done has and the report is likely to come on 4th or 5th of March
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 16 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

I think that your wife is showing signs of improvement (feeding is improving..... temperature of 99 degree is not of much concern)
I suggest you to continue the antibiotic and monitor her.
Give her good soft diet and your warm love and affection. She will improve faster.

You may contact me with further doubts regarding your health on the following URL...........

In such scenario the questions are directly forwarded to me .............. and I can answer your queries regarding your health online regularly.

Praying God for good health of your wife.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics