Have fever and feel lightheaded. Abdomen and back is swollen. Normal liver function. What could be the cause?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I feel like I have a fever have light headedness but I have no temperature. My abdomen and lower back are distended or swollen and tight but no pain. My blood work says normal liver functiion and vitamin D. When I eat my heart beats stronger and my stomach makes grumbling noises whether I'm full or empty.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, I read your medical data carefully and can say that your symptoms indicate possible gastric reflux. Feeling your heart beating stronger when you eat could be related to stomach being extended when eating too much or because of excessive gases. The noise you are hearing is because of excessive gas. If I were your caring doctor would suggest as following: - watch the food you eat (no spicy, chilly, alcohol, smoking,coffee,fatty or processed foods) - eat often and in small portions - can use simethicone and ranitidine until improvement. If diet changes do not work, I suggest to consult GI specialist for further examinations. Hope it answered to your inquires! Feel free to ask me again if you have more questions! Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: Have fever and feel lightheaded. Abdomen and back is swollen. Normal liver function. What could be the cause? 8 hours later
i went to the ER blood work urine ct scan ekg. all normal nothing ruptured but i am home now and my back is swelling more! It doesnt hurt and the doc said gas!they said its not distended either! I.m 6 foot three 210 pounds my back is sagging! what is wrong?

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, Once again, thank you for writing back. I am glad to know that nothing serious came out when you did the lab tests at the ER. However, they do not rule out any possible GERD or gastritis. That's why I suggest to consult GI specialist and run fibrogastroscopy. Another cause to your problems might be being stressed and work overload, for which if I was your caring doctor would advise to take some break (from work) and to do breathing exercises. Wish you health! Dr.Klerida

I am very concerned about being lightheaded and dizzy and I feel like I have a fever. I am always thirsty and my stomach grumbles when I'm eating or not. The ER doctor said there is nothing causing my bloated stomach and lower back except for gas. My doctor says I'm stressed and having a panic attack. What can I do to know if its a panic attack, liver, or colon problems? The GI doctor gave me Hyoscyamine and said I probably have a spastic colon from stress. When I took it my symptoms got worse being light headed and bloated feeling. I also burp during these episodes. I feel like I'm going to cry when I get dizzy.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi again XXXXX, Thank you for writing back. Most probably the symptoms you are facing are due to stress and panic attack. To rule it out, I suggest" - do abdominal ultrasound - check liver enzymes on the blood - do colonoscopy If everything ok, then, it is because of stress. Get helped then by a psychologist. Wish you health! Dr. Klerida

Follow-up: Have fever and feel lightheaded. Abdomen and back is swollen. Normal liver function. What could be the cause? 3 hours later
I had the AST ALT and liver panel blood work that was normal. they did a CT scan and saw a cyst on the liver. they said its benign. Can the warm dizzy feeling in my brain be from stress? i used to drink alot of beer could that be the syst? is it possible to have liver damage that clouds my brain when my enzymes and ct are normal except for a cyst? should I still have an ultrasound or just find a psychologist. At work I notice that when I'm presented with a difficult personnel situation my head starts getting warm I have some confusion.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi again XXXXX, I am glad to hear that your liver panel and blood work were normal. As long as liver enzymes are ok, there is no need to worry and alcohol has not damaged your liver. Yes, being warm and dizzy feeling in your brain is caused by stress. So, I suggest to find a psychologist, take vacation in order to re-organize your mental status. With regards to the cyst in the liver as caught by the CT scan, it is benign in type so no need to worry. Facing difficulties is causing nervousness to you; once again, scheduled appointment with psychologist to get it over. All the best! Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: Have fever and feel lightheaded. Abdomen and back is swollen. Normal liver function. What could be the cause? 2 hours later
Thank you! when I get warm and dizzy in my brain there is no pain but I have problems concentrating. How can I rule out physical brain issues? I have been cloudy all day like my head is warm and tingly. My wife says I am not sluring speech and I have been able to compete in squash and racquetball last Monday and Tuesday evenings. I take albuteral for asthma and .25mg tablet of halcion three times a week for insomnia. My doctor enrolled me in a Tai Ji Quan class.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 17 hours later
Brief Answer: PLEASE FOLLOW THE SUGGESTIONS BELOW... Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms you are feeling could be partially due to halcion use. So, I suggest to consult your physician for another alternative. If you are worried about physical brain issues, I'd suggest to do EEG and Ct-scan. But, first consult the side effects (dizziness) of halcion with your physician. All the best! Dr.Klerida