Have fever. Test showed gama gt - 167, alkaline - 158, sgpt - 111 and sgot 85. Any suggestion?

Gastroenterologist
Question
gama gt is 167 in my report, alkaline is158 sgpt 111 and sgot 85 ,
above are my reports from one week iam on fever hence doctor told to check the above details kindly what is yur suggetion regarding immidiate treatement
what is the medication and diet how many day it will get cure ,'kindly inform very urgently
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 27 minutes later

1. If you have no abdominal pain with fever, then the likely cause of liver function test abnormality is systemic infection like malaria, typhoid, dengue or even common viral fever.

2. If you have abdominal pain associated then rare liver infections like liver abscess, rarely gall stones (cholecystitis) or bile duct stones need to be ruled out.

Discuss with your current doctor about the aforementioned possibilities. Most likely you will need further test to narrow down the cause. Treatment can be planned accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. Please do reply in case of any further questions.

Wish you a speedy recovery...

Follow-up: Have fever. Test showed gama gt - 167, alkaline - 158, sgpt - 111 and sgot 85. Any suggestion? 9 hours later
kindly advice regarding food intake

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 5 hours later

If the bilirubin levels are normal and you do not have symptoms suggestive of jaundice, there is no strict food restriction. But ensure it is hygienic, healthy and drink clean potable water as any super added infection which is food or waterborne (like viral hepatitis) can cause additional trouble to liver.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Wish you a speedy recovery...