Have fever. All medical test normal except ESR level. Reason for high ESR level?

I am 35. For last week I have fever which is coming back. POn docs advice I did test of CBC, Malaria, Rapid Thyphoid Tests & ESR..except ESR which is 20, we have observed that all values are normal and negative. Can you please let me know cause of high ESR..
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and reports.

From your reports, the only two abnormal parameters are:
1. ESR: which indicates some inflammation in the body
2. Monocytes: Also seen when there is some inflammation in the body

The causes for a raised ESR are the following:

-Connective tissue disorders (180-200 disorders under this category)
-Acute or chronic infections (no signs of an infection are seen in your blood reports)

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, and I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.