Have fatty tissue lump above tailbone. How to get rid of this?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
A friend of mine has a fatty tissue lump above her tailbone on her back. She went to liposuction dr he said he could not remove it because there is too many nerve endings there. Is this true? Could you refer her to a dr in the sioux city?
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Dear Friend,

From what I can understand from your complaints your friend could be having a spina bifida at the level of this swelling. This swelling could be a lipoma. Before any intervention you will require MRI Of spine and you should consult a neurosurgeon for its removal in your area.

I am sorry I cannot suggest you any particular name in your area. But any tertiary care hospital with in house Neurosurgeon would be able to do a good job.

REGARDS DR XXXXXXX