Have fatty liver problem, gaining weight and high sgpt level. Prescribed hepexa 300 mg. What to do?

Question
GOOD EVE SIR IAM SUFFERING FROM FATY LIVER PROBL SINCE 2YRS.AFTER REDUCING WEIGHT I HAVE NOT SUFFERED FROM THAT.RECENTLY PUT ON WIEGHT.AND MY SGPT 112 LAST 6 MONTHS BACK NOW 86 I HAVE BEEN ADVISED WITH HEPEXA300 FOR ONE MONTH,OTHER THAN THIS WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO DO I AM AN BANK EMPLOYEE,31 AGE MALE
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 53 minutes later

Since the SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) value is still high in you. I consider your liver to be under stress. Though the value has dropped after a period of 6 months, I do consider there is a need for optimum care to avoid worsening of the condition.

Do continue HEPEXA 300 as advised by your treating doctor. Also do reduce consumption of fat and spicy food. Both can affect and worsen the liver condition. Also increase consumption of vegetables, fiber and protein XXXXXXX foods to have easy digestion and healthy digestive system.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.