Have fatty liver grade 1. Prescribed live 52. Looking for second opinion

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013
Excellent

Question
sir, i am having FIRST GRADE FATTY LIVER PROBLEM. MY DOCTOR HAS ADVISED ME TO TAKE LIVE 52 TABLETS DAILY ONE TAB WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE SECOND OPINION> THANK YOU,
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 18 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

First grade Fatty liver infiltration is common radiological findings and as such there is no need of any treatment.
As you are slim in physique with very balanced diet and normal SGPT level, you should concentrate on physical activity to maintain your weight.

Are you an alcoholic?
With sequential deposit of fat in liver cells may cause inflammation of liver with features of steatohepatits.
This steatohepatitis may cause damage of liver by causing cirrhosis.
You should go for routine ultrasound imaging for evaluation of liver status.

Liv 52 is an ayurvedic preparation and at few places its role in liver disease has been mentioned.
Few medications which are helpful in correcting fatty liver are viatmin E, ursodeoxycholic acud, atorvastatin and anti-oxidants.
You should take Liv 52 tablets before meals.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Have fatty liver grade 1. Prescribed live 52. Looking for second opinion 26 minutes later
Respected Sir,
I dont take any other alcoholic drinks except drinking coffee (more often), very rarely tea, rarely badam milk. nothing else. I am purely vegetarian in diet. i take normal south indian meals, tiffin like upma, idli, dosa etc (with much oil may be), ghee etc. if i take more food during after noon or during night, i feel uneasyness; stomach bulging; it may take some 1-2 days to get into normalcy. i was taking earlier KOOL-IT AND GERDYS tablets. Even during ultrasound scanning of abdomen, the technician told me that i am normal; except for gas problem to some extent. If so; why i get this much of stomach uneasyness i dont know. please advise if possible about food i have to followup daily intake. thanking you, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 29 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your information.
Your diet is considered as normal and appropriate.
Your fatty liver is not related with alcohol but fatty liver should not be considered as a causative agent for dyspeptic symptoms.
You should go for blood sugar and thyroid profile as both of these hormonal imbalances are associated with abdominal heaviness.
Meanwhile you can continue Kool-IT.
For excessive gas formation, you should follow these tips:
1) Avoid legumes.
2) Take only 200 ml of milk, only in morning hours.
3) Keep difference of 3 hours between meals and sleep.
4) Avoid putting dough and boiled potatoes in refrigerator.
5) Avoid tomatoes, garlic , onion, citrus fruits.
6) Perform increased physical activity.

Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Have fatty liver grade 1. Prescribed live 52. Looking for second opinion 10 hours later
Respected Sir,

Thanks for your guidance. You have suggested me to continue Kool-IT tablets; whether it can be taken along with Liv52 because Liv52 appears to be ayurvedic tablet. First my doctor advised me to take Kool-It and Gerydys and now advised me to take Liv52. Kindly clarify. thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
You can continue Liv 52 and Kool-IT simultaneously.
Kool-IT gives you symptomatic relief.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava