Have fatty liver and started greyish stool. Should I go for medical test?

Hello, I have fatty liver and the past couple days my stool has been grayish and light XXXXXXX I plan on seeing my GP Monday or is this an emergency?
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The color of stool depends on many factors- the contents in food, hydration, frequency, amount, constipation, medications, gut health, presence of blood, amount of bile pigments. It is easy to guess how much fluctuation is possible even without disease.
So important is the clinical scenario and whether you have symptoms.
The color of stool you have mentioned seems to be normal.
It is good that you are getting examined by your clinician to integrate the findings with you other details.
It is not emergency, you can go in a planned way.
Get a fresh USG abdomen and CBC & LFT and Albumin levels in this visit.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!