Have fatty liver and sgpt is 83. What should be the treatment?

My sgpt is 83. What should be treatment to lessen it. My email is YYYY@YYYY . Please answer. My liver is fatty and I am non alcoholic and non smoker.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you do not need treatment

Detailed Answer:

Your SGPT is 83. This is just above the normal, in fact it can be considered normal. The SGOT value is significant only when it is in hundreds like 300 or 400.

For this, you do not need any medical treatment. I am glad you are non-alcoholic and non-smoker. Mild fatty liver is expected in normal people.

My suggestion to you would be to consume a low fat diet, eat more of vegetables and fruits. Do regular exercise, maintain ideal body weight.

You may repeat the test after 3 months of making these lifestyle changes.

Please relax as this is not alarming. Hope your other test reports are normal.