Have fatty and cholesterol spots (xanthamas) on eyes. Treatment other than surgery?

I have fatty and cholestrol spots (xanthamas) on my eyes. Is there something other than surgery that will help it.

Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no medical treatment

Detailed Answer:
These are by themselves not anything serious. Sometimes they are associated with high blood cholesterol which needs treatment. However, surgery can be used to remove them, primarily for cosmetic reasons. Laser ablation can also be done in small lesions. There are no medicines to get rid of them unfortunately.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.