Have extremely enlarged prostate. Had TURP and laser treatment. Suggest?

Jul 2016

I am 72 and have a extremly enlarged prostate what is the best procedure to relieve my problems, in 2002 I had TURP and in 2011 I had laser treatment. my doctor is recommending TURP, what is the latest and greatest treatment for BHP, Thanks
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
TURP will be better option.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that in last 10 years you have undergone surgery twice for enlarged prostate.

In any surgery for prostate surgeon resects the adenoma(Benign Tumor) that is developed in prostate and not the entire prostate,hence there are chances of developing adenoma in rest of the gland in future .

You have recurrence third time .It is likely that the size of the adenoma may not be large compared to previous two occasions and the blood vessels are already thrombosed due to previous surgeries. Hence TURP will be technically very easy and less time consuming. I would personally recommend you to get TURP done.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you.