Have extremely dark circles all around eyes. Suggest some remedy

Hi ... I have extremely dark circles all around my eyes. They are hereditary so I know they will not completely go away. But I want a medicine or a cream which will atleast reduce them considerably. Also I am allergic (to something I dont know) which makes me itch my eyes a lot. I also have these itchings near the corner of my eyes which has made it a little puffy there. I look sick although I am extremely healthy. My eyes are completely sunk in the sockets which look really really bad. Please help me!! I have tried all natural remedies and I sleep for 8 hours. Nothing has worked.
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

I can understand your concern.

I would recommend there things:-

1. Application of an eye lifting cream like Sebamed q10 eye lifting cream.

2. You can get glycolic acid peels done from your doctor.

3. You can get a filler done which will improve the sunken eye look.

The cream will try and reduce the dark circles slowly. It had to be applied twice a day on the dark circles.

The peel will give quicker results. It has to be done once every week on the dark circle from your doctor.
The time for which it is kept and the concentration of the peel can be progressively increased.

These are chemical peels and are safe for the skin.

The filler is a hyaluronic gel which is injected into the skin below the fills up any hollows and gives the impression that the dark circles have reduced.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

The peels will give a quicker result.
Follow-up: Have extremely dark circles all around eyes. Suggest some remedy 3 hours later
I got chemical peels done but they also did not help me. Will I get Sebamed q10 eye lifting cream easily in India (Bangalore) ? I have read that there are steroids for skin as well. Is there any creme with steroids that is safe and I can use?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 9 hours later

Sebamed cream is easily available in India.

Steroid creams are available however cannot be used under the eye since the skin is thin and under the eye.