Have extreme sensitivity and pain on lambdoid suture. Underlying cause and cure?

I have extreme sensitivity and pain on the ridge that is formed where the parietal bone and the occipital bone form the lambdoid suture. I have experienced this before due to a reaction to a sulfur based antibiotic, however I am not on sulfur drugs and have developed this sensitivity especially when pressure is applied? What other conditions could cause this symptom?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
If you are having symptoms after drugs there is possibility that it is associated with allergic conditions. You need to find out association with any other allergens or inducing agents like bright light etc. It may also seen in conditions like arteritis involving skull vessels like temporal arteritis, however location may be slightly different. Another possibility of intracalvarial small lesion.
You need to consult your physician. Few investigations like blood ESR and ct scan of skull is necessary. It is necessary to rule out any focal pathology.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.