Have extreme pain in calf and numbness in foot after running. What to do?

Neurologist, Surgical
While running. My calf got tight. I felt a pop. Now I have extreme pain in my calf and numbness in my foot.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Dear friend,

I think your history and symptoms are too brief.

On the basis these complaint this could be a muscular tear or injury to superficial peroneal nerve in the region of calf. I would like to know if you have any back pain or weakness associated in lower limb along with other complaints.

In the absence of weakness and back pain, it is less concerning and should improve with time. Consulting your nearest healthcare provider for detailed examination is advisable. In the meantime, you may take analgesics and vitamin B12 supplements.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries

Dr. Vineet