Have extreme gas. Sometimes feel like coming from vagina. What is underlying cause?
User rating for this question
i have been extremely gassy for the past 6 months or so, but lately alot of timed it feels like its coming from my vagina!What could the cause of that be?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relaxed perineum, infection with gas forming organ Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your problem are : - Gastritis, indigestion, relaxed perineum, improper closure of anal ring due to sentinel pile etc can lead to passage of flatus. In case of shorter perineum this can be interpreted as coming from vagina. -Infection of the vagina by gas forming organisms like clostridium etc. - Minute rectovaginal fistula leading to passage of flatus through vagina. So, once consult gynecologist and get examined. By examination the possibility of fistula can be ruled out. Vaginal swab culture and sensitivity may be needed to find out the possibility of vaginal infection and causative organism. Kegel's perineal exercises help in tightening the perineum and can treat the problem due to relaxed perineum. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Perimenopause bloating and weight gain
- Sporadic bleeding during menopause
- Hifenac mr side effects with alcohol
- Reasons for gas within the vagina
- Could fingering in vagina cause stomach pains and gas
- Will alcohol effect sprintec
- Oxyelite and alcohol side effects
- Involuntary gas from vagina
- What causes extreme gas
- Passing gas vagina yeast
- Feeling of air bubbles in urethra
- Bleeding in menopausal women
- Does alcohol damage fallopian tubes
- Causes of bleeding in women
- Excessive bleeding and menopause