Have extreme fatigue, ringing in ear and pressure feeling in head. What is the treatment?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have been feeling this was for about 2 months. Extreme fatigue, ringing in ears, sore gums,dry eyes & mouth. pressure feeling in my balance.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep diabetes, BP under control Detailed Answer: Hi, Your symptoms do not fit in to any single description but can be partially explained to be because of diabetes. Extreme fatigue is a frequent symptom with diabetes. Please keep your blood sugar fluctuations to the minimum. Ringing in ear can be because of diabetes as well as hypertension. Both can lead to damage to auditory nerve/inner ear and can lead to tinnitus. High BP also can produce vascular tinnitus. Pressure feeling in head/off balance also can be a symptom of hypertension. Rest of the symptoms can be because of diabetes. Please keep your blood sugar normal by regular treatment as well as diet control. Similarly blood pressure should be under control with medicines as well restricted salt intake. Uncommon connective tissue disorders can lead to most of these symptoms but are rare and are diagnosed by a battery of test. Please get your ESR done and if normal, should rule out this possibility to a major extent. Good balanced diabetic diet should take care of many things. Do consult your ENT for audiometry so as to rule out any sensory neural hearing loss. Avoid taking NSAIDs regularly. Regards
Follow-up: Have extreme fatigue, ringing in ear and pressure feeling in head. What is the treatment? 4 hours later
Hi, I have one sister that has Lupus & one that has MS..I read about Fibromagia & Chronic Fatigue system...also, Lime diease. I had many of the symptons of all of theses??My Dr. sends me to "Specialist" and they have NOT gotten to the bottom of my health issues. Do you think I need to see a Rheumotoligist? (sp?)
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be helpful Detailed Answer: Hi, definitely a rheumatologist opinion can be helpful but please get your other things in normal range (if Sugar and BP are not controlled). Many a times the label of chronic fatigue syndrome is overdone and cause of fatigue can be attributed to an existing condition. Take care.