Have extra bone in knee, giving much pain, not able to walk. Planning for surgery. Suggest?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Dear doctor., i have extra bone in my right knee...which is increasing day by day.., it is giving much pain also., not able to walk much time..way of walking is different from normal..can i get any opportunity to get out of this.,i am in planning to under go for for surgery., pls advise me ., thanks in advance..
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
kindly upload your x-ray knee

Detailed Answer:

From your description it seems you might having exostosis ( benign bony outgrowth) in knee.
Before proceeding further, I need x-ray of right knee.
If already done kindly upload your x-ray, so that I can help you in better way. You have a feature to upload the report/images by yourself on the right side of this query page.

Awaiting your response.