Have external hemorrhoids. Painful and uncomfortable. Using Americaine Topical Anesthetic spray and using Proctosol-HC. Remedy?

I'm 40 years old and female. I have 2 external hemorrhoids and they are extremely painful and uncomfortable. I've been taking Sitz baths for 20 minutes at least
two times a day. I've also been using Americaine Topical Anesthetic spray and using Proctosol-HC 2.5% that a friend gave me. Her doctor gave her this after the birth of her baby. In addition, I'm currently taking Metamucil and using Truck's pads. I'm not overweight and I drink more water than suggested. I can also say that I get lots of fiber in my diet. I haven't been eating a lot of meats, as they don't have enough fiber, but if I do then it's XXXXXXX and chicken breasts. Yes, I do have hard stools and I'm almost certain that this had caused the episode. Should I calk my doctor or wait this out. There's been no blood as of yet.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Thanks for the query. You need to take some stool softner like liquid paraffin or isbgul husk.
The external hemorrhoids are mainly painful but bleed less.
Whatever you are doing is just a supportive measure. The final treatment is only surgery.
I would advice you to get surgery done as early as possible.
Slowly this will increase in size and then the operation will be difficult.
Keep doing sitz bath. This will provide you symptomatic relief. Let me know if you have any other doubt. Thank you