Have external haemorrhoid, prescribed Proctosedyl, continuous bleeding. Taking Diclofenac and allopurinol for arthritis. Advice?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hello, I've just had a case of external haemorrhoids. The enlarged mass is around the size of an almond (so it's a large one). On my GP's advice, I've started treating it with proctosedyl yesterday, which has given me significant relief, but I've also noticed that there is now bleeding almost continuously.

The amount of blood is moderate, not gushing, but there is always some. I can see it by using a tissue paper or towel to gently wipe, and also it collects in my underwear and pyjamas.

I also use diclofenac and allopurinol daily to treat my arthritis, which I'm continuing to take during this period.

What's your advice?
Should I discontinue proctosedyl?
Should I see my GP?

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Chron's Disease
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Your information points to bleeding internoexternal hemorrhoid

Here are few tips for acute bleeding :

Control constipation
Use sitz bath twice a day
Add a tablet of ehtamsylate twice a day
Add a probiotic
Take tab ofloxacillin and ornidazole twice a day

Continue proctosedyl ointment
If this does not work see a surgeon

Hope this hels
Am available for followu
Wishiing you a healthy life ahead