Have excessive wind, stools that float and bitter taste in mouth. What could be the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have excessive wind, stools that float (not all the time but recently more so)and a terribly bitter taste in my mouth. I am female, 41 years old, slightly overweight but normally in excellent health. This has been going on for about a month with the funny taste getting worse in the last few days. I have 2 children and I am not pregnant.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take medication and diet change

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day.
Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering.
Gastric hyperacidity can lead to altered mouth taste
If hyperacidity is corrected altered mouth taste will return to normal.

Gases formation can be reduced by eating easily digestible food, stop non veg, drink plenty of water.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.