Have excessive coughing with hard sound, unable to sleep. Suggest?

Dec 2012

I cough excessive with XXXXXXX hard sound and it keeps me up all night.I'tried almost YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Bernard and I am pleased to be able to assist you with your health query.

It would be interesting if you could include in your description, the duration of coughing, if coughing with sputum or not, if associated chest pain, sneezing, cold, fever etc. Have you loss any weight (which you can not explain). When you say you have tried everything, what are the things you have done so far in order to get better? Which doctors you have seen so far? What exams were done? What medications did you take and for how long?
I see in your medical history that you have not indicated any other health problems such as any chronic illness.
Given your age, you are exposed to various lung diseases which can affect you such as pneumonia, bronchitis, pulmonary tuberculosis, lung cancer, cardiac diseases such as congestive heart failure etc etc.
If you can please answer the above questions, I will be able to assist you further and with a little more specificity.

Hope this helps and please do send some more info.
Dr. Bernard