Have ever ,chills, headache, giddiness and body ache. Taking Nutrolin BPlus and Dolo 650. Suggest medicines for throat pain?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
m 28 yr ,female. I got fever ,chills, headache, giddiness, bodyache on Sunday, on Monday got boils all over my body. Dr gave Augmentin 650 mg antibiotics with Spine Ap paracetamol and Nutrolin BPlus twice a day for throat infection for 5 days n told me to continue it even after i informed her about boils. I took it till yesterday. Fever n
chills continued so finally the Dr prescribed medicine for chicken pox and I started taking Acivir 800 DT {thrice a day} last night, along with Dolo 650 Nutrolin BPlus and Augmentin 625 tablets twice a day for 7 days. Boils have started healing, but i get chills n fever twice or thrice a day still whicg comes down after taking Dolo 650. I have severe throat pain from 4 days n today I noticed there are about 7 boils inside my mouth n throat which is causing me severe pain making it difficult swallow anything, pls advise if I can stop Augmentin and suggest medcation for throat pain.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chicken pox beware of complications like pneumonia

Detailed Answer:

The set of symptoms suggest that you have chicken pox - the whole process takes 2 weeks. The lesions will come in crops- one set will heal and crust and a few new ones will come.

The lesions also come in the mouth and will be painful. An ointment called mucopain gives temporary relief. Get your doctor to prescribe it.

Continue acyclovir as prescribed .

Augmentin is probably given for your throat pain - otherwise it is usually not necessary. Please continue that.

Avoid scratching. Keep aloof at home. If you develop cough go the the doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Good luck

Dr uma
Follow-up: Have ever ,chills, headache, giddiness and body ache. Taking Nutrolin BPlus and Dolo 650. Suggest medicines for throat pain? 6 hours later
Thanks Doctor. I had taken mucopain, but since the ulcers are not yet healed, I have been suggested to take tantum syrup. is it ok to take this syrup now? I have continued fever and shivers hence took dolo 650 today too. Is there a blood test needed and what do I need to get checked? Also, pls suggest a vaccine that my parents can take against c p.
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ok to use tantum

Detailed Answer:

Now it is too late for vaccine ESP if they are staying in the same house.

When one person recovers,the other one starts getting the disease.

It is highly infectious.

If they get start acyclovir early.

Reg the mouth lesions you should start to improve soon.

Do not worry.

Do not touch the lesions or scratch.

In chicken pox fever is not hat high usually.

If high fever continues see the doctor there again.

Pneumonia should be watched for

God bless

Dr Uma

Follow-up: Have ever ,chills, headache, giddiness and body ache. Taking Nutrolin BPlus and Dolo 650. Suggest medicines for throat pain? 4 days later
Hello Doctor. Thanks for your guidance so far. My fever has come down a little now.

I have an issue with the lesions. Whenever I try to apply cream, especially on my face, the lesions split open and the puss makes it hard to apply cream. Also, how do I clean out the cream next day morning? Is it ok to leave the lesions covered with cream all the time? I have attached the snaps for reference.

Acyclovir - 21 tabs so far is getting over tomorrow. Can I continue taking it?

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes XXXXXXX This happens because chickenpox lesion

Detailed Answer:

This happens because chickenpox lesions are very thin walled and hence liable to break.

You can leave the cream on it - no problems.

Anyway you are confined to the house.

If you want to clean, use soft tissue papers and throw after use.

Good your fever is coming down.

Usually adults get more lesions than kids and scratching can cause infection.
So avoid scratching!

Acyclovir course is usually only 5 days in uncomplicated chicken pox.

Good luck for early recovery.

Dr Uma