Have estrogen receptor positive status. Can I go for ac treatment?

with estrogen positive receptor status do you recommend 2 or 3 week cycles of AC TREATMENT
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for sending your question.

This is a very good question which really depends on the stage of your cancer and extent of the breast cancer. If there is evidence of Advanced stage generally we do chemotherapy every two weeks. If you have any additional information regarding your diagnosis including stage or pathology this might help us determine what might be a better regimen for you.

I am assuming that you are otherwise very healthy.

Thanks for sending your question. I will await additional information from you so that we may complete our discussion.

Dr Galamaga
Follow-up: Have estrogen receptor positive status. Can I go for ac treatment? 17 hours later
It is stage 3A. It was 5.5 CM with one of 9 lymph nodes positive.The histology is intraductal. It was HER negative and PR negative.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Thanks for the info,

For this we generally would recommend dose dense therapy - that is therapy given every two weeks. Studies have shown better outcomes in patients treated with this type of approach.

Thanks again for sending your query.

Let me know if there are any other specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga