Have esophagitis. Very thirsty and frequent urination. Why?

I have esophagitis but recently im so thirst that Im drinking liters of water and urinating every hour or so..why?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 1 hour later

Thanks for your query. I am happy to help you.

In general, esophagitis should not cause thirst and frequent urination. The same holds true for any medications intended to treat esophagitis.

It would be helpful to know a little more about your medical and family history.
Are you on any medications?
Do you have a history of any other medical conditions?
Do any of your family members have diabetes?

Excessive thirst and urination are classic symptoms of diabetes. While this is not the only possibility in your case, when a doctor hears those symptoms, it is the first thing he thinks of. Other symptoms often associated with undiagnosed diabetes include weight loss, fatigue and visual disturbances. Do you have any of these?

Although I am interested in your answers to the above questions, it is important that you seek a doctor's care regardless. A true diagnosis will require a physical exam and some lab tests (test of blood sugar, urine and some others).

Looking forward to your.

Best Regards,
Dr. Schwartz