Have esophageal dysmotility. Ph test showed normal ph. What treatment should be done?

I have esophageal dismotility. It causes reflux, but I do not have acid indigestion. ph test showed normal ph. The reflux has caused erosions and irritation of the pharynx resulting in a chronic (5 years) cough. What is treatment (PPIs don't help). XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

There are several problems associated with the GERD. The PPIs alone do not helps in relieving the symptoms. A gastric pro kinetic like domeperidone is also added to enhance gastric motility. Prolonged reflux causes a condition known as barret's esophagus therefore it is recommended to have endoscopic before using extensive medication to go for proper management.

if you still have some queries, feel free to contact