Have eruptions on tonsils with pus. How to cure them?

ENT Specialist
Question
i have some eruptions on my left tonsils and some pus is also in them.they were earlier on my right tonsils too but cured automatically but .They are two or three in number.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 40 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

1. The surface of the tonsil has deep crypts. The largest of these crypts is at the superior pole and is known as the Crypta Magna.

2. While we swallow, the food bolus rubs against the tonsils and small amounts of food is retained in these crypts. This food debris is analysed by the lymphoid tissue for developing immunity.

3. As this god debris decays, it may give rise to pus and eruptions on the tonsil.

4. If you have no other symptoms, a medicated mouthwash will help.

5. Other possibilities are a mild viral infection. Treatment of this is symptomatic. Get a throat examination done if this is recurrent.

6. Home remedies include turmeric in warm milk at night and honey with ginger to soothe the throat during the day.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have eruptions on tonsils with pus. How to cure them? 25 minutes later
my pharmacist has given me susys 150 to take once in a week and candid mouth wash will it help and he has asked me to gargle.plz suggest .I dont have any pain or any other problem some time i face a little pain >please suggest any medication too.

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

1. Get a prescription for a broad spectrum antibiotic in addition to these medications.

2. If you can share a close-up image, it will help narrow down the diagnosis.

Regards.