Have erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Non diabetic, done vasectomy

sir, I am 64yrs vasectomised person. my B. P. is140/90.nondiabetic.I am suffering from E.D. and premature ejaculation.please advice medicine
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 47 minutes later
There is a significant chance of you deriving benefit from use of drugs belonging to a class called PDE5Inhibitors, the most famous of which is Sildenafil marketed through the world as Viagra. This should help you achieve better erections but if you continue to have premature ejaculation, you should probably add dapoxetine to delay the climax. Both of these are prescription drugs meaning you should not get it from a medical shop without a doctor's signed order.
Also both these medications should be started in your case only after you get a thorough evaluation by a cardiologist to ensure that your heart will not suffer from adverse effects of medicines and a good way this is done is by means of a normal 2D Echo and treadmill test. If the heart evaluation is normal, there is unlikely to be a reason yo withhold the drug in your case. If you do not respond to medication, you might require to get an estimation of serum testosterone at 8am in the morning and if that comes low you might benefit from testosterone supplementation after ruling out prostate disease.
Hope I have been of help.