Have erectile dysfunction. Taking Leo capsules and serta 25. Not cured. What to do?

Mar 2013

I am 30 years old, I am married 1 year back. I have erectile dysfunction problem since I was bachelor. When I met doctor 1 year back he has suggested me nano Leo capsules and serta 25 and o am using the same since 1 year. Now my sperm count 5 million which is not normal and I still have erectile dysfunction problem. We are planning for kids since 1 year. Please suggest a good solution.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
You have provided the sperm count, which alone is not enough for a diagnosis.
Could you please provide the complete take care.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Follow-up: Have erectile dysfunction. Taking Leo capsules and serta 25. Not cured. What to do? 57 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Semen analysis report is not handy with me rightnow. But I remember few things in it.
Below are the details:
Sperm: grey white.
Count: 5 million
Sperm motility: 15% Active, 20% sluggish, 65% dead.

These are details I know from the report. Kindly help me with the solution.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Likewise, stress and mental health problems can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction. For instance, a minor physical problem that slows your sexual response may cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.

In most cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Common causes include:

Heart disease
Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
High cholesterol
High blood pressure
Metabolic syndrome, a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
Parkinson's disease
Multiple sclerosis
Low testosterone
Peyronie's disease, development of scar tissue inside the penis
Certain prescription medications
Tobacco use
Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction
The brain plays a key role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. A number of things can interfere with sexual feelings and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. These include:

Depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions
Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns

As your semen analysis also grossly abnormal ( both the count and motility are very low ), I personally think there is a hormonal cause of your erectile dysfunction also. Meaning that you are likely to have testosterone or gonadotropin hormone deficiency. This can be confirmed by a blood test.

First step is to see an XXXXXXX
He would elicit your complete sexual, medical, physical and psychological history.
A thorough examination of your penis, scrotum, testes and other systems would be done.
Blood tests to determine hormone imbalance, diabetes etc would be undertaken.
Ultrasound and colour flow of the genital area and penis would be assessed.

Based on the results, the XXXXXXX would prescribe appropriate therapy such as nitrate drugs, sildanefil ( viagra ), hormone replacement or other therapy. Counselling also plays a major role.

Meanwhile, keep fit, get regular exercise, do not wear tight under clothes, maintain a healthy weight, be communicative and loving with your partner.