Have epilepsy. On metronidazole for bactiriaol vaginosis. Started feeling nauseous. Any ideas?

Hi, I'm in a relationship, 24years, have epilepsy, I have recently been put on metronidazole for bactiriaol vaginosis, I am aware the side affect are nausea, I toook 2tests one came u pos the second neg, my period isn due for 2 days, I had sex 14thoctober 2 days before ovulation and on the 26 October starting feeling nauseous that's when. Starting taking the antibiotics so I stopped and 27th started throwing up and today 28th even worse
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The pregnancy tests detect the level of HCG in the urine, this hormone is produced in pregnancy and its levels increases as the pregnancy progresses.In early pregnancy the levels are low and some pregnancy tests are unable to detect it.
When a woman is wondering whether she is pregnant before her next period, it would be important to use one of the early detection kits which can pick up low levels of the hormone.
If an early detection kit is used and the result is negative , then it is likely to be accurate.Alternatively , you can wait a few days to see if your period comes , and if it doesn't then a pregnancy test can be done at that point.

Other causes of nausea and vomiting are: gastroenteritis, side effect of medication, severe pain, migraines, infection within the abdomen such as appendicitis (usually associated with fever, loss of appetite and abdominal pain), inflammation bowel disease, vertigo (dizziness is associated with nausea and vomiting), kidney stones, urinary tract infections.

If the vomiting continues or worsens then you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an evaluation.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions