Have epilepsy. Fell down and started feeling dizzy, chest tightness. Is this due to side effect of epilepsy medicine?

Hi I currently have epilepsy and have been diagnosed since 1998 lately since may I have been falling to the floor and within a minute get up again.I'm unconscious when I'm down but can hear everything. Have been feeling dizzy and imbalanced With chest tightnings.Neuro said it was prob side affect to tablets for epilepsy but have been in hospital for 2weeks and they still don't know what it is.any clue.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 1 hour later
Falling to the ground in a patient with epilepsy would normally indicate that it is a seizure. But the surprising part is that you can hear everything during that time, which is very rare to have in seizure. Still I would treat it as seizure by adding on new medications or altering the dosages of the medications that you are already receiving.
The medications' side effect does not result in such falls. However dizziness and imbalance can of course be due to medication side effects.
Hope i have answered your queries. If there are any more questions, I would be happy to answer.
Good luck.
Follow-up: Have epilepsy. Fell down and started feeling dizzy, chest tightness. Is this due to side effect of epilepsy medicine? 22 minutes later
What can be done to resolve this Neuro has been altering my meds since May and I still get them used to be 20 a day then down to 2 will I get it pyscological, or epilepsy or the one not eve my neuro is tellin me.
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 6 hours later
From 20 to 2 is a good control I would say. Stick to his advises and your episodes will be controlled. Sometimes final answer as to what it is may not be there. There is only control of seizure and may not the complete cure. We may not expect any episodes for years if controlled. This is treatment and it is possible. I think this is what your neurologist may be doing.

Good luck.