Have eosinophilia, breathlessness. Is it curable? Is cure available in Ayurveda?

Dear Doctor,
My fiance is 26 years old and is suffering from Eosinophilia. The cause is due to allergy resulting breathlessness, this concerns me very seriously as he is pilot and breathlessness on high altitudes is unimaginably scary.
Can you please advise if Eosinophilia is permanently curable and is there a cure available in Ayurveda? He has not made me aware of the medication yet.
Also kindly advise, if there can be any diet inclusions that can help him improve or battle this problem on a more consistent basis.
His latest Eosinophil count ranged to 15.
Thank you!
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 36 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
Eosinophila can be due to any reason including infection/inflammation to allergies.

As in your case, it is due to allergy; it is important to find out the cause for same and confirm it. If it is due to dust and cold; you need to confirm it by taking blood readings when he is not exposed to these allergens [normal eosiniphils with no exposure confirms it].

Considering the risk involved with his job and breathlessness; you can consult pulmonologist and ask for prophylactic antihistaminic and oral steroids.
Those drugs reduces the symptoms of breathlessness.

Cure in any form of medicine field is avoiding the allergen i.e dust or cold.
He can have normal, healthy, nutritious diet; there is not specific diet which will prevent allergic attack.
You can add sesame/dry fruits , garlic to make body capable of facing cold and consequently reduce chances of allergies.

His count has to be below 5%. Consult pulmonlogist to rule out cause for eosiniphilia other than allergy. CT scan of the lungs, abdomen, pelvis can help.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.