Have eosinophelia, difficulty breathing, aggravated by drinking cold liquids. What medicine do you recommend?

I have Isnofilia and i have a problem in breathing when i take XXXXXXX breath my ribs pains like someone is forcible putting pressure on them, also when i drink something cold it aggreviates, which medicine do you recommend.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 minutes later

Eosinophelia just indicates presence of allergy to something in your body. In case exposure to allergen this count rises.

From the symptoms that you have written it seems that you are having allergic bronchitis (swelling and narrowing of air pipe due to allergy).

It is not possible to prescribe any medicines without proper physical examination.

It is advisable that you visit your family doctor/physician and get your self properly examined.

There could be various reasons for this kind of allergy like,

Strong smell
Allergens in environment
Worms etc.

Your doctor after examination will try to find out the cause and then he will give treatment.

In most of the cases like anti allergic drugs are required for long lasting relief.

At present you may require some additional drugs like cough relief medications etc.

In mean time please time please do following

Keep your self away from strong smell and dust. Wear a cotton mask while you go out.
Keep the pillows at home clean and wash them periodically.
Keep your working area clean
Drink plenty of liquids
Take light diet and avoid taking junk food and cold drinks.
Take hot drinks which will help.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.