Have enlarged uterus, dominant follicle and cyst in ovary. Should I go for surgery?

hi they said i have enlarge uterus containing an intramural leiomyoma and, also in my right ovary a cyst (2.3cm) and a dominant follicle., I have been in pain for a while. the dr. referral me with obgyn dr,
should i be worry.? this mean surgery.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Treatment options will depend on the size of leiomyoma and uterus.If the leiomyoma is small in size then your obgy may opt for wait and watch approach.Larger leiomyoma causing symptoms need surgery.

Again right ovarian cyst of size 2.3 cms should not be a cause of concern.Generally with that size it should be considered as normal follicle than a cyst. Cysts generally have size more that 3 cms. Most cysts resolve on their own.

So, if leiomyoma is not large in size, I don't think doctor will opt for surgery.Doctor would suggest regular follow up with sonography/ultrasound.

Hope this answers your question.