Ask a Urologist   »  

Have enlaged prostate. Passing clots and blood in urine. Should I be worried?

Oncologist, Surgical
i have been discharging heavy clots and a substantial amount of blood in my urine. I am 73 and have an enlaged prostate. This has been an on going thing. My uroligist says not to worry. It's getting scary.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Your symptoms of blood in the urine can be explained by the fact that you have an enlarged prostate but these recurrent episodes warrant a surigcal management of the condition and you should discuss the possibility of TURP with your biologist. In addition to this you should also get psa levels and a transrectal ultrasound to rule out a growth in the prostate.

Hope you get well soon. Please feel free to clarify any other query.