Have endometrium. What is the probability of having a successful pregnancy and treatment?

Question
What r my chances of pregnancy with an endometrium lining of 6 mm?what are my options
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Implantation of the embryo depends on multiple factors.A thin endometrial lining reduces the chances of a successful implantation.6mm is definitely on the lesser side.Ideally,the endometrial thickness should be at least 8-9 mm for implantation to occur.However,sometimes oestrogen supplementation does help in increasing the endometrium thickness.You should consult your doctor if you are under infertility treatment.As i have said,multiple factors are at play here. A complete hormone profile should be done along with other tests to find out the key problem.

Follow-up: Have endometrium. What is the probability of having a successful pregnancy and treatment? 7 minutes later
Thanks! Can u give me an approximate of succesful pregnancies qwith this problem? Should i go.for.infertility treatment now?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later
Well,the percentage varies between countries all over the world.But studies show,that at least 20% infertility cases have thin endometrium as a factor.As i have stated ,multiple factors are at work here.If you have tried naturally for at least 6months,and failed to conceive,then you and your partner can go in for a complete evaluation.It has been seen that IVF has had success(20-27%) in such cases.

Follow-up: Have endometrium. What is the probability of having a successful pregnancy and treatment? 1 minute later
Thanks..it helps alot..

Please do contact me if you have other queries.