Have endometriosis. Getting back pain while defecating. Required treatment?

General Surgeon
Question
i back hurts when i poop. it is worse when i have my period and i poop i have a very bad back pain
i also have endometriosis
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 17 minutes later

As per your query, you are having back pain while defecating.
If the stools are hard, there will be pain, as you have to exert extra pressure to defecate.
Though there is no relation between Periods and pain during defecation, you may be having dysmenorrhea, i.e pain before or during menstruation. The pain of the period will be added to the pain during defecation.

Other reasons for pain in the back during defecation could be hemorrhoids or anal fissures. If you see blood in your stool, make it a point that you get examined by a surgeon to rule out these problems.

So, please take plenty of liquids, XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, high fibre diet.
Please take a Pre and Probiotic capsule & Anti spasmodic like Dicyclomine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Have endometriosis. Getting back pain while defecating. Required treatment? 23 hours later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Perigela,

I am planning to take the Triple CT Scan. Would you advise me to take it also?
Thank you very much.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 35 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

I understand the difficulty you are going through. It is better to go for a simple Ultrasonography of the abdomen and Colonoscopy initially. If there is any suspicious pathology, then you can go for a CT scan.

Let me know about the reports after the ultrasonography and the colonoscopy. I will be in a better position to guide you after that.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Have endometriosis. Getting back pain while defecating. Required treatment? 14 hours later
Dear Dr. Han XXXXXXX Perigela,

Thank you very much. I will update you.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 6 hours later
I will clarify once you update the reports.
Wish you good health.