Have embryo transfer after IVF and ICSI. Blood test showed negative. Can I get pregnant. Any advise?

Critical Care Specialist
Hi Doctor,
I went for IVF/ICSI,on 15 september2012 have transfer embryo for 17 days i need to insert progesterone (UTROGESTAN) 100mg and today i have my HCG blood test and shown negative, what the next step doctor do you that i can get pregnant or i have to repeat the Gonal F injection,please advise.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later

Thanks for your question.

Your IVF was done on 15 September and you went for HCG test after 17 days, which came negative and you want to know what the other ways to conceive are.

One of the most difficult problems while treating infertility is IVF failure also called implantation failure. There are many reasons for IVF failure and exact reason why implantation fail is not known.

If you have failure in one cycle, the IVF is repeated in next cycle, and many couple conceive after multiple cycle failure. So if you have single cycle failure, go for second cycle of IVF.

Hopefully implantation will be successful in second cycle.

Hope I answered your question. I wish for success of your IVF.

Do write back if you have follow up queries to ask.