Ask a Urologist   »  

Have elevated liver enzymes, night sweats and UTI. What treatment should be done?

My urine has been smelling like smokey bacon and my liver enzymes are elevated to 120 and I have a uti also night sweats.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 39 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

UTI (sepsis and cause the liver enzymes to be mildly elevated as part of sepsis (blood stream infection).

Mild elevation of liver enzymes is not XXXXXXX per say.
The smelly urine is due to chronic urine infection. Some organisms are fastidious and difficult to eradicate.

You must be evaluated elaborately to find out the cause of resistant infections. We need to rule out any urinary tract obstruction, resistant bugs or low immunity in you.
Have an ultrasound KUB, urine culture, blood tests been done?
Do you have fever, nausea, vomiting, ill health?
Are you on chronic infection prophylactic drugs?

It would greatly help if you could upload any reports you have here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

If the creatinine is normal, drink plenty of water, keep good private parts hygiene, consult a good urologist to get evaluated for chronic UTI (if not done so far).

Please describe all symptoms in greater details.
Then I can suggest you more specific measures.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!