Have elevated creatine and ankle edemado. Do loop diuretics cause kidney damage?

do loop diuretics cause kidney damage?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No sir, they do not

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

No sir, loop diuretics do not cause any kidney damage. But they do have other side effects among which electrolyte imbalance is one. Electrolyte imbalances can result in the one condition that takes place within the renal system, i.e. renal stones. Other than this, no other direct damage is caused to the kidneys with the use of loop diuretics. But in all/any drug used in excess can result in serious complications.

I hope this information helps you sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.