Have elevated SGOT and SGPT level. How to reduce this?

i have SGOT 72 and SGPT 104 . what should i do to reduce it ?? i have a medical test for a new company with in 3 days , please tell me how can i reduce ro supress till my medical test is over.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Can I have the complete report of the liver function test?
Was ultrasound scan of the abdomen done?

Any other blood tests done?

Kindly get back to me with the answers.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: Have elevated SGOT and SGPT level. How to reduce this? 24 minutes later
i had a medical check up in our company , they just told me i have SGOT high 72 and SGPT high 104 . and did not gave me the report. i am going for a job in DUBAi for which lever testing is must . so i am worried about this.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 43 hours later
The liver enzymes are obviously raised.
There are many different causes for raised liver enzymes which include viral infection, alcohol intake, liver toxic medications etc. The treatment depends on the cause. So you need to find the cause before treating it.
It is difficult to bring it to normal level or suppress it within 3 days time or for 3 days.
You may consider taking liver supportive medications like milk thistle/ silymarin.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini