Have elevated CRP and ESR with low hemoglobin count and random fever. Suggest?

Question
My wife had CRP 0000 and ESR 140 hemoglobin count is 6.4 having randon fever for last 2 months.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

The CRP reading is wrongly mentioned. The average value is 3mg/litre.

ESR you have mentioned is raised this can be seen in chronic illnesses like infections or anemia.

Since hemoglobin is very low, ESR raised could be secondary to the same. I suggest you to take her to the ER as soon as possible and get blood transfused as she is very anemic. The deficiency of hemoglobin could be due to recent Dand C she had or could be nutritional.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have elevated CRP and ESR with low hemoglobin count and random fever. Suggest? 11 hours later
I suggest you to take her to the ER as soon as possible and get blood transfused as she is very anemic.

What do you mean by "ER"?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

ER means the Emergency room or the casualty in an hospital. Since her hemoglobin is very low, she may be needing blood transfusion.

Hope, this is clear.