Have elevated ACE level with breathing problem and spasms in leg. Should I be worried about ACE level?

I have an elevated ace level, my Dr. did a cat scan of my chest to see if I have sarcoidosis, it was normal. I also had an MRI of my brain to check for MS which was normal as well. I have breathing problems in the heat, spasms in my legs , i cannot urinate fully, and I wake up at night feeling numb. My Dr.prescribed dulera and Proventil for my breathing. He never addressed the high ace level, which worries me. I still have all my symptoms, except that I am breathing better now that the weather is cooler.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 11 hours later
Brief Answer: High calcium Detailed Answer: I have noted your symptoms. I would like to recommend doing the following blood tests : Calcium Albumin CBC ESR Liver and kidney function tests Electrolytes Do you still have menstrual cycles? Do you experience hot flashes? If you dont get periods anymore, please add FSH and LH to the blood test High ACE levels can occur in Sarcoid, as you seem to already know. However, sometimes one also sees high calcium levels in the blood because sarcoid can occasionally convert vitamin D to an active form which raises blood calcium. So I suggest checking for that as corroborative evidence. How high is the ACE level compared to the normal range? It would be helpful to see a rheumatologist as well
Follow-up: Have elevated ACE level with breathing problem and spasms in leg. Should I be worried about ACE level? 16 hours later
Hi Dr. Topiwala. On 8/23/13. I had a chem screen , CBC, immunoglobulin g , Gia,gig,igm and Lyme test. All were negative other than immunoglobulin g subclass 2 & 4, got L11, total protein H 8.2 and MVP H 11. I take armour thyroid 120 mg every day , I no longer have my periods for one year , and I always have a sore throat and feels like my tongue is swollen . Both my parents have diabetes , strokes , and high blood pressure . my mother had Alzheimer's and myasthenia later in life
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 8 hours later
Brief Answer: CHECK THYROID LEVELS Detailed Answer: Armour is not the recommended treatment for an under active thyroid. Levothyroxine is. If your thyroid labs are abnormal it can cause a variety of symptoms. Please get blood taken for TSH Free T4 Total 3 FSH LH Regarding the other lab reports above, it does not fall in my domain. An immunologist/allergist/rheumatologist are better equipped to manage that