Have electrolyte imbalance in blood. What is the normal blood pressure level?

hi is a blood pressure of 106/82 high or low? i have a feeling that i have an electrolyte imbalance in my blood. maybe a too much pottassium cause i was on pottassium supplements and drinking 12 cups of fluids on rest days and 16 on exercise days. which is too much i believe now. it's been two days that i'm craving for a lot of salt. i'm going to see my family doctor this monday. is my situation emergency? do i have to go to the emergency room now?
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 hours later
Welcome to Health care magic!
The reading of BP you have mentioned is just perfect.
It may seem different from the referral range of 120/80 but as such there is a permissible range and you have a value well within.
The disturbed electrolytes level of potassium hardly give any symptoms but mat lead to cardiac arrest if quite high, but it would not reach those levels unless you have a kidney disease, because kidney excrete whatever excess potassium is there.
You should get a sodium and potassium level blood test to be sure.
Your problem does not seem to need ER visit.
I hope the advise would be helpful.