Have electric shock feeling all over body. Having numbness. What is the treatment?

Spine Surgeon
I have electric shock feelings throughout my body. legs and arms feel heavy and I have numbness in my wearing gloves. father had cervical spondylosis. what is the treatment?
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Heaviness and numbness in extremities could be due to cervical spine. Need more information from you. Do you feel imbalance while walking? any recent changes in urination? any arm pain or leg pain? how about doing fine functions with hand such as holding spoon, writing? how is your walking tolerance? is it reduced recently?
First of all its important to establish the diagnosis? I would suggest to consult a spine specialist and get a thorough exam. you may have to do spine x-ray and MRI. Please get back with above information.