Have eczema on fingers. Used super glue of liquid bandage and not helped. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
I have excema on one of my fingers. A dermatologist suggested using super glue of liquid bandage, which I have done. However, this is not helping. I find it difficult to obtain Balnetar, which helped the last time I had an outbreak. What would you suggest?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Hi

You seem to have developed eczema. Now hand eczema in most cases is a chronic problem and it is characterized by various remissions and outbreaks.

In your case, you seem to be relieved with coal tap ointment . But coal tar is actually not a very commonly tied agent by our modern day dermatologists. There are various other topical options available nowadays which have fewer side effects and have better efficacy.

Among such options, we have potent steroids like clobetasol and the combinations of clobetasol with salicylic acid.
These agents are very useful in cases of game eczema and some may provide relief even with once a day application.
Now hand eczema is mostly allergic in nature, so one should always try and find out the offending agent which can be any item of daily use with which we come in contact with.

Also keeping the hands moist helps in most cases. Application of good moisturizers or oils frequently over hands also helps.

Any other query, please let me know.

Dr Geetika Paul