Have eczema. Have hot, tingling and sweating face after eating dessert. What am I suffering from?

How come my face gets hot and tingly and starts to sweat when I eat dessert (like a brownie or a chocolate chip cookie)? I'm 5' 2 - 150 pound female with no health complaints except for eczema.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 minutes later
Face becoming hot and tingly and sweating in association with food can be due to any of the following conditions.
1. Rosaceae.
In this condition the face become red and there occurs sweating when a person eats particular things like spices or hot beverages or may be chocolates in your case. Similar redness of face also happens when a person is exposed to sun.
I would like to know if you have any such problem when you are exposed to sunlight.
2. Frei's syndrome.
Here the nerve fibers of sweating and salivation are misdirected, mostly after an injury or a surgery. In this condition when a person gets salivation on seeing a food there occurs sweating too.
3. Allergy.
As you have mentioned, this happens with chocolate and brownie only, it might be considered that either you are allergic to chocolate or certain component of it.
To differentiate between above mentioned conditions I suggest you to stop taking chocolate and brownie for 2 days and watch for results. Whether the sweating still occur with any other food or sun exposure.
Kindly let me know so I can give a closer diagnosis.
Thank you